Monday, March 5, 2012

Two Years Morphine Free

The title alone says it all for me. Never thought I was going to be able to live one day without that poison going through my body. What a roller-coaster these two years have been!

I almost want to say it's like I've been re-born. But that is a bit silly to me. More along the lines I really appreciate life. I woke up early today frustrated I could not get back to sleep. I used to not get up. Hours - 24 if I could swing it were spent in bed. Either too fucked up to move, too tired to move, in too much pain to move (yes, you can still be in pain after downing 600 mg of morphine) or just not moving because my life was so depressing. There is one thing and one thing only that improved my life while taking that crap - Stella. I would never have gotten up if not for her. When I credit my dog for saving my life - it is no joke. She truly did. I would never have been motivated to work - had to keep her in day care, get her the best dog food I could find, make the toy box over flow. My dog is my life. I truly appreciate her even more now. We have been through so much together.

I still have much to improve about myself. It is tough seeing all these things I've done. I can't explain why I did some of what I did. But I am accepting what I have done and making things better for myself. Stepped on a few toes to get where I am - and it may not seem far to some, but to me - I've come a really long fucking way. I've lost family members because they can't talk to me about my past, they assume what they hear is true and judge me on it. I can't change that. I am also better off with these individuals not in my life - being unsupportive. Good luck to you, you're going to need it with the attitude you have :)

Cannabis. My pain killer of choice. My anti-depressant of choice. My anti-anxiety med of choice. My headache med of choice. My choice. I will continue to fight for full federal legalization of this plant. I have seen first-hand what this plant is capable of. A lot more positive than the government is leading you to believe. And I will never shut up about it. Even after I help legalize. Thank you cannabis for showing me a healthier way to ease my pain.

4 comments:

  1. I'm 10 months no morphine now thanks to medical cannabis! I was also on antidepressants, anti-emetics, muscle relaxants, anti-anxiety meds and more. All stopped cold turkey without any withdrawl, none of them used now! It's amazing to be pharma-free and I hope everyone finds the same experience soon! I know life is SO much better without the morphine & pills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goosebumps! I am happy you are free of morphine! It is so amazing to FEEL again!!! I was taking it over 10 years - very high doses 660 mg+ a day. I had severe withdrawals. Makes me shudder to remember them even now. Happy you have cannabis! I hope one day everyone is able to use it!

      Delete
  2. THANK GOD, as well!! & thank u, for having the courage, to share, this personal, story with us!! May someone, who may still b out their suffering, be willed, to get help, for themselves!! through your experiences!! PRAISE GOD!! & HIS ANGELS!! Amen,,,I'm on alot, of meds,as well. I have severe Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, & herniated discs, n my lumbar spine!! which needs sugery,, I use medical cannabis,, and it helps, on alot of things!! BUT the degenerative disc disease, & herniated discs, needs the pain meds,creams,lidocaine pain patches, etc,,,the "neverending story"!! Its been 12 yrs, of pain, everyday, for me!! Can you, imagine???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have fibro - but I have all the rest. Some days the pain makes me wish for death. Even with cannabis! But I know it will pass and move on to the next thing :) I am so happy people are using cannabis! And even people who are religious - as it appears you are :)Thank you for reading!!!

      Delete